The Truth Will Set US(A) Free!
It’s just the right thing to pause to say thank you. The year is not over but the Unpaid Labor Project has made great progress. Thanks for your help. The Project could not have done so much without it.
Here is a brief update of the first 10 months of 2018.
· Moved the website to a new platform and opened the online store
· Told the Unpaid Labor Contribution story to 900 people at MLK Day at the Shalom Church City of Peace in St. Louis. Thank you Shalom.
· Went to the MLK50 conference of 4,000 evangelicals in Memphis, TN to discuss Racial Justice as a Gospel Issue. Planted the seed of the Unpaid Labor Contribution message.
· Increased the number of PhD historians who signed the Manifesto to 77
· Went to the annual meeting of the Society for Historians of the Early American Republic in Cleveland, OH
· Attended a reception of PhD historians in Oberlin, OH
· Hosted the first ever Unpaid Labor Day on the steps of the Old Courthouse in downtown St. Louis (300 attended)
· Engaged 2 PhD historians to speak at Unpaid Labor Day (Peter H. Wood from Colorado and Deirdre Cooper Owens from New York)
· Made a Poster Presentation at the annual meeting of the Association for the Study of African American Life and History in Indianapolis, IN
· Told the Unpaid Labor Contribution story at 3 consecutive services of Harvester Christian Church (2500 mostly white members)
· Presented to the Ethical Society, The Optimist’s Club, The Kiwanis Club, St. Louis County Mayors, and various business groups
Stay tuned and keep listening. We are planning a forum of prominent historians. It will be held at a university in St. Louis and broadcast to the nation. A New Approach to Race in America changes everything!